I don’t want to jinx it, as the day is not over just yet, but holy hell I have had a good day. It’s been so long since I’ve had a good day, I almost forgot what it feels like. And, of course, I find myself unable to shake the slight sense of “Oh God when will the other shoe drop” dread, but that’s really just par for the course.
So far today I have
- Passed my PRT
- Consumed an ungodly amount of tea, which always makes me happy
- Eaten healthy and logged my calories consistently
- Found myself energized when I’m normally tired and drained
- Gotten a hug from my therapist
- Gotten to watch Bones on my lunch break
And that’s just so far. It’s only 1301. Patient care has been painless and full of enough familiar faces to facilitate friendly facetiousness (and can I GET an amen on that alliteration!?) and my (work)day is almost over! My plans for the evening include gym, stuffing my face with Donor Kebab, and working on my novel for at least an hour before bed because I’m so horrendously behind on my NaNo word count that it’s not even funny.
All of that being said, I’m just so immensely grateful for my friends, the amazing night’s sleep I got last night, and the fact that I passed my PRT.
Until next time, stay frosty, nerds!